Monday, February 19, 2007

A Certain Place

Its been awhile since my last post.

I'm entrenched in school and work.

And my computer crashed last week.

Four jobs and eighteen hours at school.

Life is complicated...

But Life is beautiful.

I'm quiting Berean.

Pseudo-Christians customers Suck!

The "Holier than thou" attitude just wasn't working for me

I will miss the people I worked with.

But somehow Jesus still intrigues me.

Trying to be a light among flashlights with no batteries can be...

difficult.

I have learned, however

That God is more patient than I will ever be.

More generous than I know how to be.

More faithful than anyone I have ever known

More loving than I thought

More mysterious than I imagined

And more caring than I give Him credit.

He is amazing.....


My heart is constantly heavy though.

Surrounded by earthquakes, tornadoes, and fire

I am afraid I will miss his voice.

He always seems to speak in the whispers

I don't want to miss that.

I long for His whispers

I hope that I am not the same after He speaks to me

I want to be romanced by his touch

I want to be led by my Shepherd

I want to hear his voice

I want to rest in his presence

I long to be satisfied by him

Finding security in his arms

I am captivated by His plans for my life.

And I know that He will prove Himself faithful.

Despite my own failures and impatience.

I will always lift my heart and my hands.

Ever praising who He is morphing me into.

Spring is on its way.

I can almost smell it

I love new life

And second chances.

New birth.

And Rebirth....

I hope you love more deeply this year

Trust in Him more openly

And risk more to gain more....


I love the quote supposedly said by Sir James Douglas

(Retold in THE BARBARIAN WAY)

Around His neck he carried the embalmed heart of Robert the Bruce

His King

Douglas found himself surrounded in battle

Death was certain and near

He flung the heart onto the battlefield, yelling

"Fight for the Heart of your king!"

Another historian quotes him as saying

"Forward, brave heart, as ever thou were wont to do

And Douglas will Follow his king's heart

Or die!"


May you be fully His and let nothing stand in the way of that

I pray you give up all to fight for the heart of your King

And that in that fight you would hope for the things

Which you cannot see....


Take comfort in his Heart

His blood is making everything new!

Even for worn out fighters like me

"Never give a sword to a man that can't dance"

Learn how to dance...

Don't worry

He'll lead.

I love all of you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE! I love it! You're such a poet!

Anonymous said...

Lemme just say....wow. You should publish.

Anonymous said...

Truly, truly inspiring.